CDL offers content testing services to clients in domains such as learning and publishing amongst others. Given that we specialize in serving clients in these domains, we see the value of building a niche in testing for content. Our topmost priority is to ensure that we deliver a work product that works as expected on all platforms and devices. We use a combination of manual and automated testing, to perform quality checks.
- Verification of tags
- Reference verifications
- Table of Contents, Back of Book, list of illustrations verifications for ebooks.
- version and size verification
- OCR proof reading
- Chapter verification for textbooks
- In application verifications
Our automated tool runs pre-defined checks on the converted content and returns errors if any in no time. Some examples of checks we perform are:
- Validation of converted content against defined schemas
- Naming conventions
- Cross reference linking
- Image attributed verification
COURSEWARE FUNCTIONAL TESTING
- Course navigation
- Course content checks, per source
- Content formatting and placement
- Testing Images
- Functional testing of quizzes, links
- Course design per specifications
- Video, Audio, PDF, PowerPoint files and their relevance to the corresponding chapter/link
- Check for typos
In addition to the above, we also test for images, content formatting and placement as part of content testing. To provide fool proof content QA to our clients, we also explore out of box solutions such as partnering with content subject matter experts as required. We have in depth working experience across a wide range of Learning Management Systems (LMSs) including: Blackboard, WebCT, Angel Learning, eCollege, Moodle, Xplana, VitalSource, CourseSmart.